Thursday, September 08, 2005

Eating crow about eating people

As New Orleans slowly comes back to life, the retraction are starting to come from those that took every wild rumor and tried to make it into a political club to pound their pet issue.

So far, my favorite (give him some credit for doing it at all) retraction is from professional race-baiter and Amerika-hater Randall Robinson.
RETRACTION: The claim in the first sentence in my post was incorrect. I had been told this was happening, but these claims have turned out to be unsubstantiated. I therefore retract them -- but stand behind everything else I wrote without reservation.
And what, you ask, did he need to retract? (always thinking the best of his countrymen)
It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive.
Details, details, details. Want to see what he does stand behind?
I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered.

This is what we have come to. This defining watershed moment in America's racial history. For all the world to witness. For those who've been caused to listen for a lifetime to America's ceaseless hollow bleats about democracy. For Christians, Jews and Muslims at home and abroad. For rich and poor. For African-American soldiers fighting in Iraq. For African-Americans inside the halls of officialdom and out.

My hand shakes with anger as I write. I, the formerly un-jaundiced human rights advocate, have finally come to see my country for what it really is. A monstrous fraud.
I will buy into the first two sentences.

I quoted most of the screed, but read it all at the above link. It will give you a nice look into what hate can do to an otherwise talented mind. Don't discount him or his thoughts, a not totally insignificant percentage of this country (say 13%) thinks like he does.

Hat tip The Corner and Dog of Flanders.

No comments: