Saturday, June 07, 2014

So, all the Joint Chiefs agreed with the swap?

I want to make sure I have this right.



This is what I am getting:
It was a unanimous decision among my principals in my government, and a view that was shared by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
OK my friends on the House and Senate Staffs (I know who you are ... I have your IP addresses ... )

That is a great question to ask any and all the members of the Joint Staff. Do they, and did all of their fellow members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff agree with the Present trading someone who looks like a deserter for 5 of the most dangerous unlawful combatants we had at GTMO?

Simple questions. Then answer would, regardless of how it is answered, tell us a lot.

1. If the answer is, "yes" then the vast majority of the retired and active duty have it completely wrong (further demonstrating the disconnect between leadership and the rest of the service) as they by a vast difference disagree with each other.

2. If the answer is, "no" - then the President either mis-spoke or is a liar. For the record, no one takes an oath to lie for the President or anyone else up the chain of command.

3. If the answer is, "no comment" then, see #2.

4. If the answer is something squishy like, "I don't comment on internal discussions or advice ... " or a complete dodge, then see #2 above.

If we have a no kidding #1, then, well, what is that phrase ... oh, here is it;
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
-- General George S. Patton, US Army

No comments: